WHAT WE DO
– Receive referrals and visit elderly and assess their needs
– Go to clients homes to escort to our club
– Help them with their shoes, jackets etc.
– Escort them on and off minibus
– Buy and prepare luch for them
– Help them to participate in recreation
– Act as advocates on their behalf with a range of agencies.
– Ensure receiving full benefits they are entitled to
– Help to complete forms and other administrative tasks
– Refer if necessary to other support agencies
– Escort to shops, doctors/hospital appointments with them
– Order and collect prescriptions etc.
– Help them get any aids/adaptations they need
– Befriend them and basically be there for them
– We take referrals from Social Work
– We also train volunteers
– Empower them along with our pensioners to feel worthwhile and feel they are part of the community they live in.