You can get help and advice through various organisations if you get into financial difficulties.
There are different funds and grants you can get depending on your circumstances:
- Social Funds: budgeting loans, crisis loans, funeral payment, and Sure Start maternity grant;
- Scottish Welfare Fund: crisis grants and community care grants;
- Bereavement benefits;
- Personal Independence Payments;
- Disability Living Allowance, Attendance Allowance, and Carers' Allowance;
- Employment Support Allowance if you are incapable of work;
- Income Support, Pension Credits, and Cold Weather Payments;
- Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction;
- Child Benefit, Working Tax Credits, and Child Tax Credits; and
- Jobseekers Allowance and Universal Credit.
Guide to benefits you could be entitled to: http://householdquotes.co.uk/uk-benefits-guide/
The organisations here listed are available to help you locally and there are more links to other organisations on the page.
We offer free and confidential advice on all money matters including consumer debt e.g. rent, Council Tax, Gas, Electricity and many more.
1250 Westerhouse Road
Main tel: 0141 276 3410
Fax: 0141 276 3432
Pauline Frew (Manager)
Contact tel: 0141 565 0100
Haghill Money Advice Project
30 Abernethy Street, Glasgow G31 3SX
0141 556 3088