East End Community Dinner Network, a collaboration of local community / church / voluntary organisations in the East End of Glasgow (Tollcross, Parkhead and Shettleston)
- Saturday 8th December 5-7pm - Shettleston New Church.
- Sunday 16th December 5pm - 7pm - Tollcross YMCA Festive Community Dinner!.
- Saturday 22nd December 12pm - 2pm - The Charter Community Meal.
- Tuesday 25th December 3pm - 6pm - Trinity Methodist Church Christmas Community Dinner!
- Friday 28th December 2.30-4.30pm - Causeway Church Lunch!
Monday, December 03, 2018 12:11:00 PM
We've got a fun-packed October week at the newly refurbished Barlanark Community Centre
Enjoy some FREE fun and exciting activities to celebrate the launch of our newly refurbished centre!
Barlanark Community Centre
33 Burnmouth Road ,
Glasgow G33 4RZ
Bungee trampolines Surfboard simulator Balloon modelling Cartoonist
DJ and live music
Plus lots more!
Saturday 20 October, 12noon-4.00pm
All events are free and drop in - come along and join in the fun!
Wednesday, October 10, 2018 2:37:00 PM
Wednesday, October 10, 2018 10:39:00 AM
Shows for children and young people at Platform week 2 October 2018!
Martha, The Hidden and
Platform Glasgow Platform,
1000 Westerhouse Road ,
Glasgow, G34 9JW
The Hidden by Visible Fictions,
Wed 10 - Sat 13 Oct, for age 12 yrs+
TW-hat About? by Fuora Dance Project
Sat 13 Oct, for age 4 yrs+
Wednesday, October 10, 2018 9:51:00 AM
Join us for our weekly programme of Disco, Karaoke, Live Entertainment, Raffles, Bingo and Games
6.00pm – 9.00pm
The Legacy Hub
Reidvale Centre G31 1QW
13 Whitevale Street,
Glasgow G31 1QW
Only £2.00 Members and £0.50 Supporters Entry!
Tel: 07525 208 738
Wednesday, October 10, 2018 9:09:00 AM
Aged 16 or older and looking to combine education with basketball this upcoming academic year? We will be holding open trials for the Rocks Academy on the 4th of August 2018 at Glasgow Kelvin College’s Springburn campus.
Friday, July 20, 2018 10:39:00 AM
Home Energy Scotland is the free, impartial energy advice service funded by Scottish Government and managed by Energy Saving Trust. The service is part of Scottish Government’s approach to tackling fuel poverty, and our aim is to help householders of all tenures save energy, save money and keep warm and well.
Advisors can assist in a range of ways – from practical energy saving tips, to information about funding available for new boilers, insulation and heating systems. The team can see if people are eligible for financial support, and advise on shopping around for a cheaper energy supply which could mean annual savings of up to £200 a year.
As part of a campaign to help households prepare for winter, we are keen to reach out and support families across Scotland, and would welcome the opportunity to work in partnership with local organisations to enable more families to benefit from our free service.
We can get involved in a range of ways, including members of our Outreach team coming out to attend events being held locally, or speak with groups meeting naturally. For further information or to explore joint-working contact:
Home Energy Scotland’s Jacqueline Mackenzie on 07540 719 655
Tuesday, May 29, 2018 1:49:00 PM
Get ready, steady… to GO with Community Budgets is coming to Easterhouse in May (22nd & 23rd), offering training and ongoing support to local community members.
What’s it all about?
Since January, we have worked with almost 20 community members who have learned about community budgeting, and are now out and about in the local communities increasing awareness about how services are going to be funded in the near future.
What’s the benefits for volunteers?
- Two days of training on community budgeting, engaging with communities, working with others, presentation skills, and goal planning
- Opportunity to work toward a recognised qualification
- Ongoing support to effectively engage with the local community
- Expenses provided when volunteering
Can you help us reach your communities?
- Please share this email across your networks
- Please share this information at any relevant events you’re planning
- We’re happy to come along and present the project at any local meetings
- Please display attached poster (A4 or A3) – we can post copies out to you
Please get in touch with Pauline if you or anyone you are working with would like to know more.
16a, Adelphi Centre, 12 Commercial Rd, Glasgow G5 0PQ
Tel: 0141 420 7272| Fax:0141 429 0508
Tuesday, May 08, 2018 9:42:00 AM
FREE DRAMA WORKSHOPS-
- EVERY THURSDAY 1PM - 3.30PM
- MAY 10TH - JUNE 28TH 2018
- FOR YOUNG PARENTS
- AGED 12 - 25
- Barmulloch Residents Centre
- 54 Quarrywood Road, Glasgow, G21 3ET
- FREE CRECHE & TRANSPORT
WOULD YOU LIKE TO SIGN UP?
call us on: 0141 552 0234
Wednesday, May 02, 2018 2:57:00 PM
Access To Free Help and Advice with Job Search Just pop in or phone us to make an appointment for help with:-
- CVs and Job Applications
- Interview Techniques
- Job Searching
- Vacancy Board
- Free Certificated Training Courses in Tollcross
- Free Access to a Computer & Printer and
- Benefits Advicer
call us on: 0141 764 1234
We are open Monday – Friday (Excluding Public Holidays) *Registration May be Required
Wednesday, April 18, 2018 3:33:00 PM
Fun Day great for all of the family.
Saturday 26th May, 12 noon to 4pm
Methodist Church Shettleston
Shettleston Road (Opposite Police Station)
- Face Painting
- Bouncy Castles
and much more...
Monday, March 12, 2018 10:11:00 AM
Wednesday 14th March
Edrom Suite Tollcross Leisure Centre
(Tollcross International Swimming Centre)
3.00 pm – 6.30 pm
POP IN AND SEE US AT THE BEST TIME THAT SUITS YOU WE WILL BE AVAILABLE FROM 3.00 PM – 6.00 PM
- 3.00 pm Arrival & Registration on a drop-in basis
- 3.30 pm Presentation on Outcome from Questionnaires
- 4.00 pm Discussion
- 4.30 pm Refreshments / informal group chat / feedback forms
- 5.00 pm Another chance to hear the Presentation
- 5.30 pm Discussion
- 6.15 pm Free Raffle
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM THE EVENT
- You will leave knowing what questions the community were asked and how they responded
- You will have a better idea of how the community preferences will feed into a project funded by the government’s Aspiring Communities Fund
- You will have a chance to talk to the people managing the project for Tollcross Park
- You will meet other people interested in the future of the Park and will have an opportunity to join the Friends of Tollcross Park
- You will get free refreshments and can be part of a free raffle
Wednesday, March 07, 2018 11:31:00 AM
Easthall Park Housing Co-operative
The Co-operative has now reached another milestone as this year on the 28th February 2017 we celebrated our 25th anniversary.
- 95.3% feel safe during the day;
- 93.1% feel safe at night;
- 97.1% are satisfied with the appearance of the neighbourhood; and
- 98.2% are satisfied with management of estate services provided by the Co-operative
John McMorrow, Director, reminds us of early days of “the high number of empty derelict homes with the area affected by significant vandalism, boarded up homes, serious anti-social behaviour which involved gang fighting and drug dealing” and he gives thanks to “everyone that has made the Co-operative such a success, our tenants, staff, consultants, partner organisations especially Easthall Residents Association and in particular all those that have been part of the Committee providing the strategic direction of the business over the years”.
The report provides a history of the Co-operative in pictures and tells a story of successful development and tenant involvement – and highlights ideas of further neighbourhood development to come.
Tuesday, February 20, 2018 12:02:00 PM
With the Celine Donoghue Band
Friday 26 January, 18:30 - 20:30 pm
Barmulloch Community Centre
671 Bilsland Drive Glasgow G20 9NF
Tel: 0141 276 0875
Saturday 27th January, 19:00 - 21:00pm
Ruchill Community Centre
671 Bilsland Drive Glasgow G20 9NF
Tel: 0141 946 8161
Saturday 3rd February, 15:30 - 17:30pm
Pollok Community Centre
134 Langton Road Glasgow G53 5DP
Tel: 0141 882 5869
Monday, January 22, 2018 11:29:00 AM
The Thriving Places Community Breakfast is an informal space for local people and local organisations to come together and meet over breakfast. Learn about all the great things happening in your commu-nity, connect with people and access opportunities for support, learning and find out about activities for you and the family.
Its free and everyone is welcome.
Thursday the 25th of January 9:30am
THE Gl;enburn Centre,
6 Glenburn Place.
Glasgow, G34 9AN
Monday, January 22, 2018 9:15:00 AM